- Pray for the Southern California High School Brothers Conference (April 7-9)
Update and prayer requests from Frankfurt, Germany:
There have been consistently six to nine new ones coming to our weekly welcome BBQs on Thursday evenings. In addition to the BBQ, the saints are having weekly appointments with an additional six to eight new ones. A majority of them are typical German speaking students. We have begun to meet weekly on Lord’s Day evening for a more focused coordination for the campus labor. Some of the key ones are continuing to be the warm doors to bring in new ones to be baptized on a weekly basis. There were four baptisms last Lord’s Day (Feb. 26) and we had 35 new ones
- Pray for the continued loosing of key ones on the college campus and the shepherding of promising ones so they can be gained as remaining fruit. May at least ten be gained this year.
- Pray for the continued shepherding of the migrants so they can become our co-workers to take the God-ordained way. May at least 20 of them be gained as remaining fruit this year.
- Pray for more saints to be burdened to emigrate and enter into this labor as we are short of hands for the shepherding work.
The Lord’s move in Germany
- For the month-long follow-up trips during the first half of 2017 for gospel preaching, shepherding, and perfecting of key contacts among the refugees and students, and for the increased labor on the college campuses for the gaining of typical German young people and seeking inter-national students. Those who are able to serve in Germany for a minimum of one month can find information at Ger-many.lebensstrom.de.
- For the printing of hundreds of thousands of New Testaments for free distribution in Europe after the fall ITERO in Leipzig,Germany, in October 2017. LSM will need to place an order by the end of March 2017. This is an urgent need and offering for this can be given to the church in Ir-vine designating “Bibles for Europe.”
- For the emigration of burdened saints for the practical strengthening and building up of the local churches in six key cities in Germany and for the labor on the college campuses. An application can be found at lordsmove.org.
When I was gained on the UCI campus in 1993, I did not think I would be in Irvine for 23 years. I watched the children we served in the children’s meeting grow up into faithful servants of the Lord. Now with children of my own, the north wind was blowing when my boss of 20 years passed away early last year, and his lab at UCI closed. At the same time, there were practical considerations for the living situation of our growing family. Sining and I had much fellowship and prayer before the Lord concerning where He would lead us to go. I cast a wide net, sending resumes even to other states, fully open to follow the Lord wherever He would go. But the Lord closed all those doors, as the only job offer I received came from a small company in Cypress with a company culture favorable for the church life for raising a family.
As we were considering the need for a more appropriate home for our growing family, we did not want a homy just for ourselves. We wanted our home search to be for the building of God’s house. Would the Lord lead us to stay in Irvine, and I would commute to Cypress? Or would He lead us to move to another city, perhaps closer to work? The Lord’s word to me was “Cast your net on the other side.” On the other side of where? On the other side of Irvine? On the other side of which of the cities in which we were looking? Again, the Lord closed the doors that would not be opened and opened the door that would not be shut. We cast our net on the other side of Orange County, and closed escrow on a place in Cypress. We had already met with the saints there.
As we continued to pray that the Lord would gain the building of His Body throughout the process of our move, the Lord spoke a further word in our experiences from the saints who helped us build the furniture from Ikea. There was a sense of satisfaction when a piece of furniture was completed according to every detail in the pictures shown with no parts left over. But when something was finished with even a few of the smallest screws or even a dowel no larger than a pinky finger left over, there was no feeling of rest, although outwardly it seemed complete (those parts belonging in the less visible parts of the furniture). There was the feeling to take it apart and put them in where they belonged. How much more the Lord feels about the indispensability of every member of His body! He left the 99 to seek the one lost sheep because every single one was needed for His building. Whether we are like those of high esteem from the tribe of Judah or those of low esteem from Dan, we all must take part in His building work. Praise the Lord for such a governing vision for every work for His building work. Praise the Lord for such a governing vision for every work for His increase in the Body!
– Jemmy, Shining, Hosanna and Moses Chen
Noah and Huong Lee will host a send-off open house for Jemmy and Shining at their house (12 Reunion, Irvne, CA 92603) from 3:00pm to 4:30pm on February 5, 2017. Please join to send them in blessing.
Internation Prayer Burdens: European young people’s conference, attacks in Germany and anti-terrorism law in Russia
European young people’s conference in Male Ciche, Poland (July 29 — August 4) Read more…
- Any person, thing, or matter can cause us to fall into the sin of idolatry. Read more…
We need to enter within the veil, into our spirit, and go outside the idolatrous camp of religion to have the closest and most intimate relationship with the Lord so that we can be persons who share a common interest with God and who can be used by Him to carry out His enterprise on earth. Read more…
Going outside the Idolatrous Camp and Entering within the Veil Read more…
- Pray that the churches and the saints in the US and His recovery will continually cooperate with the Lord for the current move of the Lord in Europe to bring in His ultimate move on earth to consummate the age by prayers, giving and mi-grating. Read more…
This past weekend, from 14-16 May, we had our annual German-speaking conference as well as the first Lord’s table of the church in Frankfurt. Read more…